Liana Aquino 10mo
Hey, you probably came in here because you’re sick of the quarantine and staying at home doing nothing. But don’t be discouraged, with this guide your quarantine will go from being bored at home to a house party.
Here are a few things that will probably take “la cuaja” from your quarantine.
1. Listen to music. I personally love music, I don’t know what my life would be without it and for the same reasons I recommend it. Listen to your favorite kind music, the one song that puts you in the best mood, or if you want to change it up listen to music outside of your comfort zone what. For example, if you like classical music a lot, try listening to some rap or R&B and who knows if you’ll like it in the end.
Here are a few recommendations:
- Daydreamer- Nomyn
- Circles- Post Malone
- Harmony- Nomyn
- With you in the Morning- Carl Storm
- Sunflower- Harry Styles
2. Eat or prepare something. I don’t know about you, but personally I’m usually very hungry and now I’m even hungrier when I’m at home all day. It’s normal to eat out of boredom, anxiety, or because we’re really hungry. But if you are tired of eating the same thing, look on the internet or on Pinterest for recipes that catch your attention and don’t be afraid to try them. Who knows, one of two or you’ll come out like Gordon Ramsay himself, or you’ll burn your whole kitchen :). Avoid bats or weird stuff.
3. Spend time with your family. You’ve probably never had time to see your family, and I don’t mean the whole family, but you might have time to see your parents if they don’t live in the same house. So now is the time to spend time with them, make fun of your mom’s gray hair, or your dad’s lack of hair, ask him how they met, how their wedding went, how they were when they were young and so on. Those moments in life may never be repeated, so take advantage of them.
4. Read something. Maybe you haven’t had time to read that book or that article you like so much, well you’re on time. It’s the right time for you to read something and learn new things or words. Oh, and write them down so you don’t forget them.
5. Write. Writing is the best medicine for these difficult times when people are feeling a little more sensitive and sad. You can make a blog where you write down everything that happens in your day to day, you can also write poems and stories if you prefer. The idea is to let off steam by writing.
6. Organize. It was easy for me to say that because of time constraints I didn’t have the time to organize my room, my closet, my bathroom etc. and now there are no excuses. Go little by little do not organize everything in one day because it’s too tiring, one day the bathroom, one day the closet and so little by little your room or your work area will look better and more welcoming. Who knows if you’ll find memories of your childhood in one of those boxes somewhere.
7. And last but not least, if up to this point you did all this and you say “Liana, but I’m still bored, I already ate everything I had and I know all the gossip about my aunts, now what do I do”? Well… you can write to a family member or friend who you haven’t spoken to in a while, or simply to your closest friends.
In these times we have to join to fight this virus. The planet is taking a strong break that it needed a long time ago, and taking people who at some point should have been gone. It is very difficult, but the only thing we have at hand to protect us. Take care of yourself and your family who are always there for us. Wash your hands, respect the curfew, and stay calm because at the end of it all we will make it through.